I stole this recipe from a pack of smoked salmon I’ve done at work a few weeks ago. As far as it’s nice to have salmon on toast, I think this dish takes it definitely to the next level of deliciousness.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2)
- 100g (4 slices) smoked salmon
- 1 baby gem lettuce, ripped with hands
- 1 handful of walnuts, roughly chopped
- 50g Stilton, crumbled
- 2 thick slices of home-style bread
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 heaped tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
As simple as it could be, spread the cream cheese on the bread and gently place the salmon on top. In a bowl, mix the baby gem with the walnuts and the crumbled Stilton. Prepare a dressing by mixing the mustard with the oil and drizzle it all over the salad, then mix well. Scoop the salad on top of the salmon and serve!