Ok, it’s summer (well, in most parts of the Northern hemisphere it is… here it’s on and off, unfortunately). Nevertheless, summer is the season of salads. I’m eating salads almost every day, and I have to say I became quite skilled in their presentation.
I’m not keen in just mixing everything in a bowl and eat anymore. I elegantly place every ingredient on the plate to create a harmonic (at least for me) and pleasant composition.
But this post is not a lesson about serving techniques, it’s about a lovely salad I had a few weeks back for lunch!
INGREDIENTS (serves one)
- 1 fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 60g Lidl Dulano Krakowska (Polish ham) or other smoked cold cut of your choice (e.g. bresaola, pastrami, speck)
- 1/2 bag of baby leaf salad
- 1 handful baby plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp spinach & rocket pesto (but any green pesto is fine)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
- pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
The only thing to “prepare” is the dressing. In a small jar, tip pesto, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Close the lid tightly and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds to emulsify the dressing.
Place the salad on the plate, forming a ring, and put the mozzarella in the middle. Scatter the plum tomatoes on the salad, add the Krakowska and drizzle the dressing all over. Serve with wholegrain crisp breads with sesame or freshly baked baguette.